Thirty-Five: Year in Review


Today I turn 35 and so I am a little older, and maybe a little wiser? What I can definitely say is that there are a few more gray hairs at my temple that weren't there before, which I find interesting, to say the least.

I remember once a makeup artist told me at a makeup counter back in my 20s that I need to change my skincare routine when I turn 35; well here I am and I definitely added sunscreen to the list of unguents. In the new year, I definitely want to try out the new Olay retinol system I keep hearing about.


This year was a bit of a blur; and to some extent, I wished I did get back to blogging earlier in the year so it can serve as a record. I do have my planner to help me out (I used a Simplified Weekly, and got the Blue Pinstripe for 2020).
So here is a recap month by month:
  • January: Flew down for my grandmother's 90th birthday in Florida (hope I inherit her genes when it comes to good skin!). Started my Educational Leadership Certificate via an online program in Texas. Saw Justin Timberlake in concert at the Pepsi Center. 
  • February: Participated in a Social Studies workshop which really showed me that I wanted to go into Curriculum Development with my Educational Leadership certificate. Volunteered with UPenn Alumni to do college admission interviews.
  • March: Spring Break! Saw my sister in LA, went to San Diego and the Zoo, pit-stopped in Orange County and went to Disneyland. 
  • April: My parents visited us for Greek Easter. Started training for my internship in the summer for my Educational Leadership certificate. Participated in making a video with the school district on class management. 
  • May: Got a new job! Same grade level and content area, but new building. 
  • June/July: Staycation. Completed my practicum hours through a summer school internship - I was the Principal! Got a Cricut and decorated my new classroom. My friend from college & bridesmaid, Deena visited. Went camping. 
  • August: Start of the school year.
  • September: FINISHED MY CERTIFICATE PROGRAM!!! 
  • October: Fall break: Singapore and the Philippines! Got myself a Fauré Le Page Tote bag & pochette (and walked away from a Goyard for the second time - that's a story for another day) as a "graduation gift" to myself. 
  • November: Play catch-up (and still am) with work and life. Donated 1/4 of my closet to family and friends. 
  • December: Not quite over, but I have Christmas break to look forward to - siblings in-laws are coming and we got an Air BNB in Breckenridge for some skiing. 
The year was eventful in some ways, and un-eventful in others; the main theme this year was definitely my Educational Leadership certificate program which was a main driver of the family and social calendar. My summer was quiet for that reason, as well as our travel to Singapore/Philippines to see my husband's extended family. 

Now that I do have more free time, here are things I am looking forward to: 
  • Knitting, crafting and DIYing more (I am half-tempted to take up embroidery or needlepoint)
  • Possible trip to Greece in the summer 
  • Finishing the school year on a good note 
  • Taking (and passing) my Educational Leadership test (only to have it in my back pocket, I am not ready to leave the classroom yet).
Cheers to 35!

No comments