Console Table Styling

Earlier this week, I talked about how I repurposed some holiday decor to make a new floral arrangement. That arrangement was put together casually, but was intentional as a whole, for the console table that Mel built for me.


 I styled it using some inspiration from Instagram:



The last two photos are  the closest in terms of "I can use what I have to make it look like that," since they are actually console tables. 
This is the final result! I would love to put the console table in our hallway as you come into the house, but as it is currently being used as an indoor fetch playground for our dog Adele (and Julian loves to chase after the ball and play fetch with her), it's best to keep that area clear. 
 I kept the dough bowl that was a centerpiece during the holidays, and repurposed the ginger jar ornaments from Williams-Sonoma to be in the bowl. Laying them to be just so was a bit tricky, but I got the ornaments to work.
I liked the idea of something in the center and then offset with the sides using the candlesticks, topiary and pitcher. I filled in the empty gaps with framed photos.I got the candlesticks at Michaels ages ago, and the flameless candles are from Costco (a dupe for the flameless Pottery Barn ones).
 Our coffee table got a little bit of a post-holiday update too:
I finally got my hands on a copy of Elements of Family Style by Erin Gates - now I have both books and I love them. I still haven't read the second one yet, but from what little I did get a look at, I really enjoyed. The ashtray is from Pottery Barn, but when I got a gift card to the store, I used it to get this dainty bowl (which is actually a pasta bowl!) from Williams-Sonoma (part of the Drip Glaze collection), and moved the ashtray to the accent table, just to switch things up a bit.
How are you doing with regards to post-holiday decor? We still have our outdoor lights up! 

No comments