A Sweater for Julian

When I initially titled this post, Julian's sweater was still a work in progress - since then it is finished! 
Specifications are at the bottom of this post if anyone is so inclined to know about the yarn, pattern and modifications, and that is how I am going to structure my knitting posts in the future. 

This sweater took me over a YEAR to knit and to be honest, shame on me for ignoring it. This is in a thicker yarn, so it means that it usually would not take so much time for me to make. Add to the fact that I am knitting this for a three year old and it should have taken me about a month, tops. It goes back to that mental block that I get every January during the "dark months" - last year not only did that hit me heard, but I also started grad school and it was very time consuming.
That being said, I am so glad it is done, and not only did I learn more about knitting a garment, I learned a personal lesson too: even 5 minutes a day is more than enough.

I was worried about the length, so I knitted a few more extra rows at the yoke, which lead to it "bubbling" when Julian wears it - it rides up a bit. That will get remedied as he gets older (and taller! He is pretty tall for his age as it is). 
What I should have done is ripped out the bottom and added length there, but I was pretty much seeing the light at the end of the tunnel for this knit. 
The funny thing is, Julian HATES it. You can't tell, but it took a lot of convincing to get him to wear it for photos, and then once I was done (or rather he was telling me that he was done) OFF it went. He might just find it itchy and I have to admit, it is a lot of sweater for him. I need to try something in a finer gauge next time. 
Project Specifications

PATTERN: Owlet by Kate Davies

YARN: ~3 skeins of Lion Brand Wool Ease in Forest Green (I have leftovers to make a hat for him)

MODS: Added extra rows in the yoke (don't do that in the future!)

SIZE: 3-4T

No comments