Fancy Feet: Birdies Songbird Slippers

Every year since I was about 29, I have always treated myself to something special for my birthday. The first time I did it was when Kate Spade just came out with their collaboration with Keds, and I got myself some special gold glitter sneakers. Since then, they have come out with so many other colors! I have my eyes on the navy glitter ones in particular.

I love those shoes because they are fun but comfy; I do not wear them on a regular basis, but rather on special occasions: the first day of school (makes me stand out a bit amongst the other teachers since we all have to wear our school shirt), the holidays and when I go out. It's definitely a great alternative to heels, for sure!
 This year, I totally went extra and got myself a pair of the Birdies Songbird Slides in blush velvet with the pom-pom. My friend in the Netherlands gave me a referral code for $20 off and I had heard of them through her and because Meghan, The Duchess of Sussex wore them for a walk in the woods.



As an aside, she also wore the J.Crew Sadie black boots, which I also purchased recently (and wearing them to no end to figure out the comfort level); let's just call it the year of the Duchess shoes.

It just so happened that Birdies put their slides on sale for Black Friday, and the referral code worked on top of the sale! Hello, pretty slippers!

I say slippers because I wanted something for the house to lounge around in; I love just hanging out in comfortable clothes when I get some such as Lake Pajamas, and while I do own a pair of L.L. Bean Wicked Good slippers, my feet get hot in them.

I also wanted something for the spring and summer as well. The color itself does not lend well to outdoor wear since it is a pale pink, but I saw during a quick Google search that they came in other colors (black! Oh if they were in black, they would totally be the new Kate Spade glitter sneakers for me). I never had mules or slides before and was concerned about them falling off; however, they have stayed on my foot with no problems - I am definitely thinking of adding some mules to my shoe repertoire now! Let me know if you have ay suggestions for mules.
They arrived last week, and I am in love. The box they came in is exquisite, and they also came with a dust bag (great for travel). I wore them along with my Sail to Sable Cowl Neck top (mine is tweed, this is a similar one in stretch cotton) and some black jeans when I hosted my holiday party and they were a great alternative to socks or bare feet (we have a "no shoes" policy in the house).
Earrings; Cowl Neck Top (similar); Shoes; Jeans
The fit is true to size (I am a 9.5, but size down in more flip-flop style sandals) and they are ridiculously comfortable. This is important for me because as a teacher, I am on my feet all day; so when I get home, sliding into these is a real treat. It is quite luxurious to sit in front of the fireplace wearing these and drinking tea while watching "The Crown" (if only I had a manor or palace to pad around while wearing these!).

The comfort lies in the memory foam and quilting in the sole of the shoe; they come in other styles as well. I was actually torn between thee Songbird and thee Phoebe, but settled on the Songbird because I wanted something fun for the house at the time. The pom-pom is everything. The right shoe floofed out properly upon opening, and I am still trying to get the left to floof as well.

Considering the sale price and referral code, it was definitely a great buy and a deal and they bring me joy, which is also important to me. I am planning to get one of the loafers for work and definitely put them to the test in the future.

No comments