Make it with Michaels: Classic Chinoiserie Style on a Budget

Michaels just came out with their Spring decor lines and one in particular caught my eye! The Indigo collection is blue and white and I am obsessed. What's great is that it makes this style of decor - that classic, preppy look with a bit of a modern twist that is popular these days - accessible and affordable!
Loving these cachepots, and the pricepoint is great. 


I am talking about this because as a teacher on a budget with Williams-Sonoma Home/Serena & Lily taste, I am always looking for a deal particularly when it comes to decor. Michaels has always made me happy with their crafts and decor selection in the past few years of owning a home and this Spring, I think they really killed in in terms of the trends that I have been following on Instagram.

Their discounts are great and they often stack the teacher discount on top of it; recently, they tied the teacher discount to the Michaels account on the app, so teachers do not have to worry about bringing or forgetting their IDs every time they go to Michaels. They also implemented a rewards system so I also get cash back.

In fact, I was there last night to pick up a frame for a puzzle Mel and I completed recently, and with the rewards and teacher discount, a 18x24 frame came out to only $3!

Since I was getting the frame, I went to the Spring Decor section at my local store to scope out what was available. The General Store and In Bloom line was mostly out, and I asked an associate about the rest; more should be coming soon. I did a search for the items and so far, only one store in my area has most of the pieces. Stay tuned!

Here are my picks from the Indigo Collection:
(one (two (three (four (five (six
(seven• (eight• (nine• (ten• (eleven)
(twelve (thirteen (fourteen)

Since the collection just came out, I will be waiting for more pieces to come out so I can get a better look - I have seen the cachepot (fourteen) and the memo board (twelve) in person and think the memo board would be fun to write messages and the dinner menu on in the kitchen! The bamboo frame (seven) reminds me of the Aerin Lauder ones from Williams-Sonoma Home. The cachepot and the vases (three) would be great for filling in my ceramic tray in the dining room, and the bulletin board (ten) is very Pottery Barn-esque

What do you think of Michael's Spring decor? 

No comments