No Shop January: Camel, Camel, Camel

I know it is technically the third week of January, but since I was off from school until January 6, I am calling this Week 2 of No Shop January since I plan my outfits more for work.

After last week's hiccup I am definitely staying away from the big weekend sale that J.Crew is having (but I do have some picks and a wishlist, so stay tuned!).

This week's theme, if there was one, was definitely "Things I Have Not Worn In Ages." Another theme is "camel, camel, and more camel":

Monday:
Tried something new with my classroom selfies - taking one in the "fluffy chair!" Its the Button Chair from World Market (similar) - when Mel and I got new armchairs for our living room, I decided to bring this to school and make a cozy corner. Sweater is from J.Crew Factory; I haven't worn the sweater all season, so took the opportunity to layer it with the chambray shirt, which is a great length for the sweater. Jeans are Madewell (on sale! Size down one size), Chelsea Boots Nisolo (definitely size up). I felt like using my Faure Le Page tote bag this week so changed up my work bag. 

Wednesday: 
This is a J.Crew outfit from head to toe! I love cuffing the sleeves of my blazers - this one is the  classic Regent Blazer, which I love and part of the weekend sale but again, have not worn it all fall or winter for some reason.

Tissue turtlenecks are becoming such a staple in my wardrobe! This one is in Cerise, and I also have Navy and the stripe (tip: size up in the printed tissue turtlenecks - the SA at my local J.Crew said its something about it being multi-colored that makes it snug compared to the solid ones, which are TTS). 

This outfit was inspired by Caitlin of Lemonade Press who talked about adding pops of color during the winter months - the coral red of the turtleneck definitely does the trick and brightens up a dreary day. I am wearing these with the lace pants, which is one of the best purchases I made in 2019. I think I could have sized down to a 10 even (I am a 12/14). They are so comfy and chic - even my principal commented, "Cool pants!" 

Friday: 
 This sweater is from LLBean - I love that it's oversized and still tailored and again, camel! It is currently sold out - I got this in November 2016 and have since seen it come back in subsequent winter seasons. Talbots has several sweater ponchos similar to this (and on sale), and I LOVE this one from Ann Taylor in the Rich Camel (again!) which after discount is on sale for $30!

I have ignored this sweater for the stupidest reason: the pilling. This sweater does have pills but I remembered at the last minute that I have a sweater stone so took it to the sweater and it looks so much better! I need to depill the whole thing but it was enough at 5:30 in the morning to get me through the day. I might even wear this sweater again with a tissue turtleneck layered underneath to change it up.

While I was aiming to go for things I have not worn in awhile, the camel color theme was definitely as surprise! Well, maybe not, ha - it definitely highlights what is the second most common color in my wardrobe after navy. Are there any colors that are predominant in your wardrobe or are constantly drawn to?

No comments